Make Your Travel Plans for MEDA's 2019 Annual Meeting
The links below will help you get to Marquette and make plans for your free time before, during, and after the conference.
Basic Conference Schedule
Tuesday, August 13th
- 6:00 p.m. Early Arrivals Reception
Wednesday, August 14th
- 11:00 a.m. - Golf Meetup at the Marquette Golf Club - Heritage Course
- 12:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. - PotlatchDeltic Lumber Mill Tour
- 12:20 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. - Tilden Mine Tour
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Conference Registration
- 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Opening Reception
Thursday, August 15th
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Education and Networking
- 2:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Downtown Marquette Walking Tour
- 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Awards Reception
Friday, August 16th
- Morning - Education and Networking
- Approx. 12:00 noon - Adjournment
Visit the Travel Marquette website for things to do, places to eat, places to shop, recreational activities, and much more!
Here are some ideas for your free time before, during, or after the conference:
- Go on a Pictured Rocks Cruise. All attendees will receive a 10% discount by providing verification of their registration or attendance.
- 8 Reasons to Put Marquette, Michigan on Your Bucket List
- Health nut? Burn off all of that conference food by hiking or biking on Heritage Trails.
- Like nature? See 4 waterfalls in one afternoon.
- Like shopping? Visit the Downtown Marquette Shoping Guide.
- Looking for a unique dining experience? Visit the Downtown Marquette Food & Drink Guide.
Reserve Your Stay
Visit MEDA's Location and Hotel Reservations page to make your hotel reservation for the conference. Extended rates are available.
Driving to Marquette
If driving over the Bridge, check the Mackinac Bridge Authority website for an lane reduction notices, wind advisories, etc.
- From Detroit - Approx. 7 hours
- From Grand Rapids - Approx. 6 hours
- From Lansing - Approx. 6 hours
- From Traverse City - Approx. 5 hours
Flying to Marquette
Delta is the primary airline servicing airports in the Upper Peninsula.
It is highly recommended that you reserve your flight as soon as possible as last-minute flights are not guaranteed.
Car rental information is available on the individual airport websites.