MEDA Emerging Leaders Network
The Michigan Economic Developers Association Emerging Leaders Network is a member-driven organization that supports early-career economic developers and helps them to excel in their field by providing them with the tools and opportunities to be successful through training, mentoring, networking and outreach.
Recognizing the need for a conduit to connect young professionals in economic development, MEDAYP was established in 2013. Over time, the group began to show a stronger presence of early-career professionals rather than those fitting within a specific age range. It was also recognized that the economic development community seemed to form relationships despite age. Therefore, MEDAYP morphed into Emerging Leaders in order to meet the needs of the MEDA membership.
- Join the Emerging Leaders Group now and be the first to receive notice of training, networking events and other opportunities!
- Make a bigger investment in your MEDA Membership by joining the Emerging Leaders Committee to plan events and engagement. TIP: Commitment is rewarding, builds your network, and increases your chances of receiving scholarships.
- Consider yourself an established leader and want to help others? Volunteer to be a mentor!
All Emerging Leaders
- Meet Other Emerging Leaders by joining the conversation on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Participate in the MEDA Mentorship Connection program. It’s absolutely free!
MEDA Emerging Leaders Spring Training
The Emerging Leaders Spring Training is a half-day program with topics that focus on the needs of early-career economic developers.
Attendees are able to learn from experienced leaders as well as build lasting relationships through networking.
Our 2019 event took place on April 11th. Fifty-two economic developers meet in downtown Lansing for a day of learning skills to build their career in this ever-evolving field. Thank you to everyone that attended, spoke at the event, and to our sponosors, Antero Group.
MEDA Mentorship Connection
The MEDA Emerging Leaders Network is pleased to offer the MEDA Mentorship Connection program, a volunteer program that allows emerging leaders in economic development the opportunity to spend time with a mentor to learn what to expect from this rewarding career choice! This is an ongoing program, so you can participate at any time. Everyone who participates will receive a coupon to attend a MEDA program.