The Leading Voice for Economic Developers in Michigan
MEDA Emerging Leaders Network
The Michigan Economic Developers Association Emerging Leaders Network is a member-driven organization that supports early-career economic developers and helps them to excel in their field by providing them with the tools and opportunities to be successful through training, mentoring and networking and outreach.
Recognizing the need for a conduit to connect young professionals in economic development, MEDAYP was established in 2013. Over time, the group began to show a stronger presence of early-career professionals rather than those fitting within a specific age range. It was also recognized that the economic development community seemed to form relationships despite age. Therefore, MEDAYP morphed into Emerging Leaders in order to meet the needs of the MEDA membership.
- Join the Emerging Leaders Group now and be the first to receive notice about training, networking events and other opportunities!
- Make a bigger investment in your MEDA Membership by joining the Emerging Leaders Committee to plan events and engagement. TIP: Commitment is rewarding, builds your network, and increases your chances of receiving scholarships.
- Consider yourself an established leader and want to help others? Volunteer to be a mentor!
MEDA Emerging Leaders Network Sponsors
All Emerging Leaders
- Meet Other Emerging Leaders by joining the conversation on LinkedIn.
- Participate in the Get Hired for a Day program. It’s absolutely free!
MEDA Emerging Leaders Spring Program
This yearly event will be held in the second quarter on 2017. Please watch for an agenda and registration in February.
The topics of this half-day event are chosen by emerging leaders in economic development for their peers.
Get Hired for a Day Program
The MEDA Emerging Leaders Network is pleased to announce the Get Hired for a Day Program, a volunteer program allows emerging leaders engaged in economic development the opportunity to spend time with a Mentor, networking and learning about the job market and economic development in Michigan.
There will be another round of this program starting in January of 2017. Click here to learn more today!