The Michigan Economic Developers Association exists to increase members' knowledge and understanding of economic development.
Since 1960, MEDA has provided services and programs that enable our members to be more effective in attracting and retaining businesses that provide quality employment for communities around the state. MEDA primarily focuses on giving members opportunities to learn, advocate, and network for the benefit of Michigan's economic growth. Our efforts help economic developers make Michigan a better place to work, live, and play.
Being a member of MEDA, you will benefit from:
- Education – MEDA programs are consistently high quality and designed to meet the needs of our members.
- Networking – An unmatched peer group comprised of some of the finest economic development practitioners in the nation.
- Economics – You save over $250 annually by attending MEDA programs at the member rate.
Activities, Programs, and Services
MEDA members are provided programs and services that enhance the economic development education, networking, and advocacy activities that are essential to their careers.
MEDA membership consists of professionals from the following areas of economic development throughout the entire State of Michigan:
- Brownfield Redevelopment
- Business Finance
- Chambers of Commerce
- Community Development
- Downtown Development
- Environmental Consulting
- Higher Education
- Private and Public Economic Development Organizations
- Real Estate Development
- State Agencies
- Utilities and infrastructure
- Workforce Development
- Others interested in economic development