The Michigan Economic Developers Association (MEDA), founded in 1960, exists to advance economic development throughout Michigan, and increase the individual member’s effectiveness in the economic development profession. The association’s goal is to provide a variety of services and programs that will enhance ability and skills in economic development.
Part of MEDA's mission is to engage local and state elected officials in economic development by providing any information that can help you to do your job more efficiently.
To provide pertinent information to you, MEDA recently created this portal on our website that is geared specifically to our legislators. Additionally, a legislator-specific newsletter has been created that will go out quarterly to keep you updated on the happenings of the economic development community.
MEDA Honors Ten Michigan Legislators with the 2020 Legislative Economic Development Champion Award
Ten of Michigan legislators will receive “2020 Legislative Economic Development Champion” Awards from the Michigan Economic Developers Association (MEDA) for their work in championing economic development in their district and for the state as a whole.
The Legislative Economic Development Champion awards were developed in 2020 by the Association to recognize legislators that show a passion for championing economic development work by assisting economic development efforts that affect the entire state, assisting with local economic development projects, championing the restoration of funding for economic development, participating with their local economic development organization, or sponsoring economic development legislation.
MEDA intended to present the awards to the legislators at its Capitol Day program in March, but the event was canceled due to COVID, so the awards will be individually distributed to the legislators and we will add the press releases as the awards are delivered.
The following were selected to receive the award -
- Representative Darrin Camilleri (D) – District 23 - View Press Release
- Representative Ben Frederick (R) – District 85 - View Press Release
- Representative Matt Hall (R) – District 63
- Representative Abdullah Hammoud (D) – District 15 - View Press Release
- Representative Steve Marino (R) – District 24
- Representative Joe Tate (D) – District 2 - View Press Release
- Senator Ken Horn (R) – District 32 - View Press Release
- Senator Jeff Irwin (D) – District 18
- Senator Jeremy Moss (D) – District 11 - View Press Release
- Senator Dale W. Zorn (R) – District 17