Educational Webinar: Reusing Vacant Office Space
Please join us on Thursday, October 8, from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. for a Zoom Webinar.
With the quick transition to work-from-home, many municipal and economic development staff are wondering what is going to happen to all of the empty office space if companies realize how efficiently and successfully their staff can work from home.
This webinar will highlight not only where Michigan stands compared to other states as to whether workers are using – or planning to return to – their offices but also prepare you for what can be done if they don’t.
This webinar will explore:
- How Michigan compares to other states
- Whether the auto industry has an impact
- Other spaces: industrial, mixed-use, retail
- Trends in the usage of space such as benching and open office layouts
- The impacts of COVID on commercial real estate
- Whether space usage will return to the way it was before
- How can companies best support work from home
- How EDO’s can be proactive in identifying solutions
Kurt Brauer, Attorney/Partner, Warner Norcross + Judd
Randy Balconi, Founder and Owner, Interior Environments
Randall Book, Executive Vice President, Detroit, Colliers
Natalie Flora, Principal - Workplace Strategist, Interior Environments
Patrich Jett, SIOR, MRC, LEED AP, Senior Vice President, Detroit / Ann Arbor, Colliers
Dan Leppink, Director of Office Leasing, Bedrock
MEDA Members: FREE
*Not a member and interested in learning about saving on this and other upcoming economic development training opportunities? Visit www.medaweb.org/join-meda.
Thank You Sponsors!
Thank you to thank PM Environmental for sponsoring this webinar
- You will receive a confirmation email after registering with the Zoom link. We will also send the link again about 2 days before the webinar.
- Please register by Wednesday, October 7th at 12:00 noon.
- Participation is limited to 100.
- We will open dial-in 15 minutes before the start of the webinar.